Annie Hill, Size-Friendly Doula
Doula Philosophy Pregnancy/Birth is a physiological process and a function of Biology, no matter what size you are. As a Plus sized mother myself, I went through a lot of the things a plus sized mom goes through when pregnant and wished I had someone who could not only sympathize but had been down that road before and able to navigate it with me, helping me see where the pot holes were and helping to navigate past them.
Recently listed as one of the top 10 Doulas in the St. Louis area by expertise.com, I have parleyed that success into an Agency, where I have a team of doulas that I work with who are just as devoted to a woman’s well being both physical and mental during birth as I am. I have been a Doula for 11 years, and certified by Madriella for 7. I was offered the leader position for the Madriella Doula Network Advisory Board in 2014 and have been it’s senior member since, and am responsible for the curriculum updates to it’s birth doula program in 2017.
My current list of certifications includes:
• Certified Doula (Madriella)
• Certified Postpartum Doula (Madriella)
• Approved Workshop Provider (Madriella)
• Certified Childbirth Educator (Madriella)
• Certified Lactation Educator (Madriella)
• Certified Placenta Specialist (Madriella)
• Certified Birth and Bereavement Doula (Stillbirthday)
• Peanut Ball Ambassador (Premier Birth Tools)
Service Area: Greater Metropolitan St. Louis / Metro East St Louis Missouri/Illinois, USA